So here we are, I’m finally getting the recognition I deserve! 😋 Yes, I am the recipient of the Unique Blogger Award.
Who is funny enough to nominate ME for an award? Why, that would be none other than Athena Veta of Ambigamer! She’s fighting the good fight of applying meaning to the world of video games – with RESEARCH. She’s the real deal. She also wrote me a poem for Valentine’s Day.
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (Does anyone even know who this is at this point? Let me know and I’ll give them credit!)
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer five questions from the nominator.
- Nominate from 10 to 20 bloggers.
- Notify the bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, including one weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
Three Things About Me
1. “When I grow up, I want to be an animator!”
I am eternally fascinated and humbled by awesome animation and illustration. As a kid, I was in awe of shows such as Ren & Stimpy (and all the Nickelodeon shows), ReBoot, Sailor Moon and plenty more. I can still watch them with glee, I’m a big kid. I wanted to be an animator growing up, but I never took drawing seriously and became discouraged. Eventually I’d pivot to other creative pursuits like writing, but I still love finding new cartoons to watch and artists to follow on Twitter and Instagram.
2. I was a teacher, now a marketer
If you can’t believe I used to teach Year 4 in London, England, well neither can I. I did teacher’s college here in Canada, went to teach abroad, then realized I made a mistake and pivoted to marketing. It’s a living.
3. I just tooted…
Athena’s Questions Pour Moi
1. What’s your favorite kind of movie snack?
Hmm… none of the traditional ones, to be honest. Not a big popcorn guy. I’d much rather buy a poutine, pizza, or some other food and bring it in with me!
2. Is there an upcoming game you are particularly excited for? Which one is it, if any?
Right now the most exciting game on my horizon is God of War 4. It’s particularly exciting because it’s one of my girlfriend’s favorite franchises and we will play it together. She introduced me to the series! Plenty of other games too – my backlog is daunting.
3. Name one piece of music from a game or movie that you think everyone should listen to at least once.
4. Pick a game at random and share what the first line of spoken dialogue is. Do you think that line introduces the game well?
Since I decided to use Miles Edgeworth in my featured image, I’ll go with Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney:
“*gasp*…gasp*… Dammit! …Why me?”
Yep, that works. Classic!
5. If you could write a guest post for any other gaming site (WordPress or otherwise), which would you write for and why?
If I had the comedic chops I’d love to write a guest piece for Professional Moron. I’d also have to be more British.
My Best Post?
Hard to choose, they’re like my babies. If we’re going by views, then it’ll have to be my post on Mindfulness in Steven Universe in the episode “Mindful Education.”
Here we go! I am nominating the following stupendous blogs for the Unique Blogger Award. If you don’t check them out, why, you’re doing yourself a disservice!
Questions for these folks:
1. What did you want to be when you grew up? If you even consider yourself grown up?
2. Name the most recent game or movie that made you want to give a standing ovation when the credits rolled.
3. If you were forced to listen to the same three songs on repeat when working out at the gym, what would they be?
4. Who is your real life role model and why?
5. If you could have an adult pair of cartoon jammies, which character(s) would you want on them?
Alright, that’s it then, nothing else to see here!