1. Bee: All heart but no Grace, Bee is a down-on-her-luck twenty-something year old who can’t hold down a job but still has the kindness to take in the stray Puppycat. She is an unwilling hero who, nevertheless, demonstrates great bravery when thrust into dangerous situations. Also, she has cute dresses.
2. Puppycat: Is he a cat? Maybe a dog? Nobody really knows, but what we do know is that he does temp work in fishbowl space and tells a story about a space outlaw which might be less fictional than he cares to admit. Though he often seems grumpy, he too has a heart of gold, and perhaps comes to Bee because he recognizes the good nature of her heart – or that she’s plum broke.
3. Temp Work Adventures: You can bet that in the new season Bee and Puppycat will be going on all sorts of adventures in fishbowl space and beyond to score some sweet ca-ash. Perhaps next instead of consoling a sad fish they’ll groom a persnickety sea lion? What’s great about the temp work formula is the unlimited scope of the possible adventures Bee and Puppycat can find themselves in when the show starts up again in the Fall, though I expect we’ll find out more about Puppycat’s mysterious past and see some crazy adventures relating to it.
4. Monster Battles: The second episode of Bee & Puppycat gave us a preview of the Sailor Moon-esque action we can look forward to in future episodes. The monster that comes out of Wallace is demented and terrifying, proving that this show isn’t all candy and poop jokes! Plus, Puppycat can turn into a freaking laser. I personally hope Bee continues to use her sword not as a sword.
5. The Zany Humour Of Natasha Allegri: Natasha is a talented lady who before the glorious success of her Kickstarter previously worked as a character designer on Adventure Time, and was responsible for designing the wildly popular gender-swapped versions of Finn and Jake, Fionna and Cake. In many ways, Bee seems to be a mirror of Natasha, or at least the way Natasha portrays herself on her Tumblr. She is lightly self-disparaging, while also revelling in her own eccentricities. Also, she has a cat named Pancake, so there’s that. This show is her baby, and like a cute kitten video on the internet is both adorable and menacing in its power to move you. Kudos, Natasha!
6. The Voice Of Allyn Rachel: Bee’s voice is somehow friendly, sardonic, lively, and depressed all at once, and it’s thanks to this wonderful actress that I now truly believe in the power of lasagna to cure a broken heart. She brings life to one of the more vibrant female characters in cartoons, managing to somehow be both down to Earth and larger than life, and for that she definitely deserves recognition. Also, she screams funny.
7. Things Bee Yells: “I GOT YOU SOME ICE FOR YOUR CROTCH! I’M SHOVING THE CROTCH-ICE UNDER THE DOOR!” and “AAAH HAD A BAD DREAM! AND YOU WERE THERE! AND THE LASAGNA’S GONE!” and “Noooo… no no no no no no NO… I don’t LIKE THIS OUTFIT!” and “DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DOOOOOO!”
and of course…
8. You took too long: now your candy’s gone… that’s what happened. WU-POW!
Bee & Puppycat’s new season is well into production, and you can watch a production update introducing the entire creative team and new voice actors (including internet celebrities Ashly Burch and Hannah Hart) on Youtube. Keep an eye out for new Bee & Puppycat episodes this Fall!